Monday, December 15, 2014

Recipes!!

Wow.... I had no idea I was causing a "cooking storm" with my Christmas yummies....

My friend, Mary Ellen, asked me if I had the chance to read my blog comments yet.... of course I told her "no".... "you'd better read them... you have a bunch of women that want recipes!"  So... here you go... Let's start with the YUMMY Cheese Dip!  This is a recipe that one of my employees(Kathy) brought to an event and it has been my NUMBER 1 favorite since then!


Green Chili Cheese Dip

Ingredients:  2 large packages cream cheese, 1 small can of green chilis, 1 FULL cup of "fresh" shaved parmesan cheese.

Soften cream cheese to room temperature.  Combine the cream cheese, shredded parmesan cheese, and green chilis into a bowl.  Stir until mixed well.  Place in a round pie pan.  Bake in the oven at 350 degrees until bubbly and a bit brown on top! 30 - 45 minutes

Serve hot with scoops, crackers or a spoon!  (I swear I can just eat the stuff)


Denise's Caramel Corn    

This yummy treat recipe was given to me from my friend Denise.... Wow, how I love caramel corn... it reminds me of when we were kids and went to the fair.  That was one time when mom and dad bought us great things!  We got cotton candy, caramel corn, corn dogs... the best homemade lemonade you've ever had.... Our fair was in our little town of Columbia City, Indiana - called Old Settler's Day.  I loved that time of the year... rides.... cake walks... auctions.  What a wonderful childhood memory!

Ingredients:  2 large bags of microwave popcorn (popped)
1 C. packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick butter or margarine (I use butter)
1/4 cup corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 small bag pretzel sticks - optional
1 cup nuts (your favorite) - optional
1 cup craisens - optional
brown paper grocery bag (1 per recipe...if you are doubling recipe - 2 bags)

1.  Pop popcorn and place in a large brown grocery bag.

2.  In an oversized medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, salt, butter, corn syrup and vanilla.  NOT THE BAKING SODA.  Heat the mixture on the stove until melted, stirring until well blended.

3.  Set timer and boil mixture for 5 minutes.  IF YOU DO NOT BOIL FOR 5 MINUTES, THE CARAMEL CORN WILL BE STICKY INSTEAD OF CRUNCY.  Remove from store and add baking soda.  Stir well.  It will expand to the top of the pan and become a bit frothy.

4.  Pour caramel misture over popcorn.  Roll the top of the bag down and shake the bag, up & down, side to side.  You want to be sure the caramel coats the popcorn.

5.  Put the bag in the microwave for 2 - 3 minutes, stoppng after eah minute to shake well.  Open the bag after shaking to make sure it has been mixed well and is not starting to burn.  I toss the popcorn with a long metal spoon to be sure it's all coated well.  Popcorn should be crunchy.

6.  Pour out on ALUMINUM FOIL.  Using a large spoon, spead the caramel corn to cool.  It doesn't take long.  Enjoy!

I normally make a double batch - especially since it seems like the bags of corn have LESS popcorn in them these days.


Meatball - Breadstick Skewers  

Ingredients:
Meatballs (I buy my them frozen in bag)
1 can Pillsbury refrigerated original breadsticks (12 in a pkg_
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles (optional)
Pasta Sauce (optional)
parchment paper
  • 1.  Heat oven to 375°F. Line 2 large cookieets with parchment paper.
2.  Unroll dough; separate into 12 breadsticks.  Thread one end of a breadstick on 10" skewer' add 1 meatball, leaving 1/4" between dough and meatball.  Repeat threading with breadstick and 2 additional meatballs.  Place 1" apart on cookie sheet.  Repeat with remaining breadsticks and meatballs.

3.  Bake 18 to 22 minutes, rotating cookie sheets halfway through bake time, or until meatballs are no longer pink in center. Sprinkle each meatball skewer with about 1 tablespoon cheese (mozzarella & blue cheese). Bake 3 to 4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

4.Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, cook sauce over medium-low heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thoroughly heated. Serve with meatball skewers.  

ENJOY!!!

 Stuffed Mushroom Caps    

Ingredients:
Mushroom caps (or mushrooms with stems... remove stems and use in other recipes)
Store Top Stuffing (I love this stuff)  - Your favorite flavor
Mozarella Cheese - large package

Spray baking dish with Pam (butter or olive oil)
Prepare mushroom caps and sit in baking dish - with under side up. 
Make Stovetop stuffing as per instructed on package
Spoon stuffing into mushroom cap
Top with mozarella cheese
Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and slightly browned

Serve hot!!

Okay... I think I'm off the hook now for recipes!  Have a super holiday season....  

Merry Christmas! 

Gloria, Vicky & Heather

No comments: